Thursday, April 5, 2007

Welcome to Trade The Stock Market

Welcome to my blog. My name is John Marston, I've been trading the stock market for the past 15 years. I am able to make a decent living working from my home, but it wasn't always that way.

My first trade, I made about $2,000 on an option trade that lasted less than four hours. I doubled my money in less than one day. And it was the worst thing that could have happened to me. I was hooked. I was invincible, I could do no wrong. And I lost more money than you can imagine. Maybe if I had lost on my first trade, it would have been better, I don't know.

The first couple of years, I lost more money than I made. A lot of money. I tried everything, trading options, trading bonds, trading futures. You name it, I tried it. And I lost money at it. I used candlesticks, moving averages, and every new tip and trick that came down the line.

Eventually, I managed to stop the hemorrhaging, and (hooray) I was only losing a little money. And after about two years I actually started showing a profit. But in the meantime, I had lost a years salary. It was almost five years before I broke even. But eventually, I was able to quit my day job and make a living trading the stock market.

I love the freedom that it gives me, but at times, the stress is a killer.

If you do decide to try and make a living trading online, I wish you the best. Get the very best training that you possibly can, buy the best tools you can find, and keep working at it.

In my future posts, I will share with you the tools that I use to successfully trade the markets.

John

No comments: